Google Page rank Update
Recent Google Pagerank Update confirmations
• Last Confirmed Network Wide 27/28 May 2009 –
Google PR Update?
(Followed by what looked like and Internal PR update in June
• Confirmed – 1 / 2 April 2009 – Google
Pagerank Update 2009
• Confirmed – 30-31 December 2008
• Confirmed – 27 September 2008
• Confirmed – 26 July 2008
• Confirmed – 29 April 2008
• Confirmed – 9,10,11,12 January 2008
• Confirmed – 26 October 2007
• Confirmed – 28 April 2007
Google Page Rank – A Beginners Guide
1. Toolbar Pagerank & Pagerank are two different, unsynchronised
measurements based on the number and quality of links that
pass pagerank to a particular page.
2. Google Toolbar Pagerank Not Visible? Just because a page
has a Toolbar grey bar does not mean a page has no real pagerank
– it can mean that of course, but it can mean other
things. I’ve theorised Toolbar Grey Pages do not pass
pagerank to external sites, and may be an indication Google
has an issue with the page.
3. A white Google Toolbar generally signifies that the page
has a measure of Real Pagerank, and that Pagerank score will
be reflected in the next Pagerank update (which happens whenever
Google decides will happen) – one of the most common
questions about Pagerank is “When Is The Next Google
4. The fast way to lose PR is to openly sell links on your
website. This is now officially against Google Webmaster Guidelines
5. The most common reason for a drop in Toolbar Pagerank is
simply your website is recieving less Pagerank via the links
it has pointing to it from other sites. This could be because
the pages those links on them have less PR to give, the links
themselves have dissappeared and no linger point to your site,
or Google has in fact changed the way Pagerank works.
6. At the moment, a tangible effect when Google penalizes
a site, is a reduction of visible Toolbar PR. Many sites who
openly manipulated Google SERPS via paid review blogging and
link-selling had their Google PR dramatically reduced in the
last quarter of 2007 in Google’s opening salvo in the
“war on paid links‘, or so Google would have us
7. Toolbar PR has little or no effect on amount of visitors
Google will send you – believe me. Perhaps this is why
bloggers who had PR devalued reported no loss of visitors
from Google. A reduction in real PR however could see less
pages on your site being indexed.
8. Many believe Google can’t find all paid links, and
are using the Google Toolbar to spread FUD,
9. If you install the Google Toolbar you will see a green
indicator in your Internet Explorer / Firefox toolbar showing
you the Google Page Rank of the page. Hovering over the green
bar will give you a number which is the page’s Google
10. It’s accepted that Toolbar Pagerank is more than
a few months out of date as little as 2 weeks out of date
by my observations. That is, Toolbar PR and Real PR.
11. Google Toolbar / DC PR is not an accurate representation
of your current Real Page Rank and now that Google openly
manipulates what you see, the integrity of the toolbar PR
is very questionable indeed in some comminites like the seo
community for instance – although in 2009, for most
sites, it seems pretty accurate and sensible to me.
12. Think of Google Toolbar PR as ‘an indication of
the PR of what your site might have been a couple of weeks
13. To get a higher Page Rank for your domain, you need to
get a lot of other pages with PR to link to you. I used an
analogy to visualize Google PR, and used this same Google
Heat analogy to get a PR 7 site until PR was apparently reduced
within the SEO community, and this site fell to PR 5.
14. Page Rank flows, and so can be manipulated, channeled,
blocked (with NoFollow) and screwed up. My Google Heat article
explains how you can channel PR around a site. Just substitute
“Heat” for “PR”.
15. Remember sites don’t have Google Pagerank, pages
do. That’s why it’s possible for an internal page
to have a higher PR than the home page.
16. The way a page gets Google Page Rank is from links to
it and that’s the only way of Increasing Google Pagerank.
IBLs (incoming backlinks) from high Google Page Rank pages
can give you more Google Page Rank “Juice” than
links from low Google Page Rank pages. There is one other
factor at play. The Google Pagerank they “give”
is spread over the number of outgoing links on the pages.
You may get more Google Page Rank benefit from a Google Page
Rank 3 page with only two outbound links than a Google Page
Rank 5 page with hundreds of outbound links.
17. Google looks to be rolling out PR changes month to month
recently. One thing you can be sure off: When Google revises
Google Page Rank the fastest way to discover it is at Digital
18. I’ve seen sites go from anywhere from PR 0 to PR
7 in one update although in 2009 it’s MUCH HARDER to
manipulate Pagerank the way I used to circa 2007 when Toolbar
PR was a joke.
19. One still useful aspect of PR is that when an update happens
you can use Toolbar PR to monitor how effectively you have
spread potential Google Juice or Google Heat through a site
20. I could go into Google PR being a recursive algorythim,
with decay factored in, and probably pretty far removed from
the original Google Pagerank paper created by Larry Page who
it’s actually named after, but this is a beginners guide
and I don’t know enough about the maths anyway. You
don’t need to either. Just get links from other sites!
21. I think a page accrues REAL PAGERANK within hours….
The Most Important Thing to Understand!
Pagerank is about whether you are in Google’s main
index, or not in. It’s as simple as that from my observations.
A high PR won’t rank about a low PR page just on PR.
The only good thing about a lot of Google Pagerank, is you
can get a lot more pages into Google – that’s
it. It does not improve rank – it only allows a page
to rank, and MORE pages to rank.
Google PR Update Yahoooooo
Alot of webmasters have noted fluctuations in their PR. I
have also noticed an improved PR of home page including a
well deserved PR for the inner pages... There has been no
effects as far as rankings are concerned, in fact it is the
PR update after a long time and everyone of us have been waiting
for this time. Till yet, the response have been positive,
those who were penalized in the previous PR update have also
gain 1-2 points. There has been a huge discussion over Search
Watch and Web Pro News. Hey... install the Google tool bar
and check your page rank. Its going to be a good news!